Friday, June 29, 2012

Taxes, taxes, taxes

How much do you pay in taxes a year?

Well I've been tracking all things financial for years and I thought I should give some scrutiny to how much I pay in taxes.  For the last few years I've been tracking sales taxes as well as income tax.  So I thought I should do a little breakdown here.
 

I was less detailed in my past records and failures in software means my older data is missing a few numbers, so the actual taxes going back before 2005 would probably be higher.

I wish I could say this was a definative report on how much we pay in taxes.  Perhaps I will try and see if I have any older records buried anywhere.

Right now I will just try and digest that I've paid at least $155,508.83 in taxes since 2003. 
In NINE YEARS, we have paid an average of  $17,278.76 a year to various levels of government!  YIKES!
I think I need to sit down...  wait I already am....

No comments:

Post a Comment